MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image copy paste problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello. When I want to add an image to the topic by copy-pasting, the image sticks and disappears within 1 second. When I do ctrl + z, the image becomes visible again and disappears within 1 second. To test this, I tried here. The same thing happens here. Is it about me?

Sorry for my English, I use translation.
I wonder if this has something to do with the source mode not being on when pasting.

When you paste the image right click and click "paste as plain text" and see what happens.

Alternatively you can paste the image like you normally do and then click the "View Source" button on the editor (see attachment) to see if the image url is pulling correctly. The editor by default tries to match style (color, font, size, etc.) of anything pasted into it without pasting as plain text or putting it into source mode.
[attachment=46372]
Think the OP is talking about pasting images directly from the clipboard.  Since this may cause issues with database character limits in sceditor, @Effone developed a workaround, but not adopted.

I experimented with this for a while, but eventually reverted to the MyBB default.  My major concern was base64 image data in our database, which current versions don't support anyway.

Stasar, it's not you - rather the MyBB system which doesn't support the pasting of clipboard images.  Instead I would use the attachment system, or one of the mycode options.
(2023-10-06, 11:24 AM)Taylor M Wrote: [ -> ]I wonder if this has something to do with the source mode not being on when pasting.

When you paste the image right click and click "paste as plain text" and see what happens.

Alternatively you can paste the image like you normally do and then click the "View Source" button on the editor (see attachment) to see if the image url is pulling correctly. The editor by default tries to match style (color, font, size, etc.) of anything pasted into it without pasting as plain text or putting it into source mode.

No. I'm trying to paste the image with source mode turned off. And as I mentioned in my previous message, the picture disappears within a second. (Sorry, I'm using translation.)
When I add an image it does not allow me to do this (paste as plain text)
(2023-10-06, 01:06 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Think the OP is talking about pasting images directly from the clipboard.  Since this may cause issues with database character limits in sceditor, @Effone developed a workaround, but not adopted.

He also submitted a PR (#4359) on April 18, 2021 which as you say hasn't (yet?) been adopted. [Edit: oh, I see that that PR is referenced in the thread to which you linked already]

(2023-10-06, 01:06 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Stasar, it's not you - rather the MyBB system which doesn't support the pasting of clipboard images.

Yep, and the specific behaviour @stasar is seeing is due to PR #4380 by @Devilshakerz, which was merged on June 8, 2021, as a temporary measure to disable image pasting into the editor until such time as @effone's PR was merged.
(2023-10-07, 10:33 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-06, 01:06 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Think the OP is talking about pasting images directly from the clipboard.  Since this may cause issues with database character limits in sceditor, @Effone developed a workaround, but not adopted.

He also submitted a PR (#4359) on April 18, 2021 which as you say hasn't (yet?) been adopted. [Edit: oh, I see that that PR is referenced in the thread to which you linked already]

(2023-10-06, 01:06 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]Stasar, it's not you - rather the MyBB system which doesn't support the pasting of clipboard images.

Yep, and the specific behaviour @stasar is seeing is due to PR #4380 by @Devilshakerz, which was merged on June 8, 2021, as a temporary measure to disable image pasting into the editor until such time as @effone's PR was merged.

So, currently this feature is disabled and unavailable. Did I understand correctly?
(2023-10-07, 10:44 AM)stasar Wrote: [ -> ]So, currently this feature is disabled and unavailable. Did I understand correctly?

Yes, you've understood correctly.
(2023-10-07, 10:46 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]
(2023-10-07, 10:44 AM)stasar Wrote: [ -> ]So, currently this feature is disabled and unavailable. Did I understand correctly?

Yes, you've understood correctly.

Thanks for your answer.