MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why do I get these emails regularly? Is it bruteforce?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys,

Getting this on all mybb forum websites every week. Is someone trying to brute force ? How to fix it ?

[Image: VRqvYX.png]

Regards.
Yes, it's probably a brute force attempt.
Using "Admin" as admin username is the worst idea you had, all scripts will try it.
Don't use captcha is another bad idea.
And you also can change your admin directory to a random-named one to avoid tries to log in your ACP.
(2023-10-07, 10:21 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Yes, it's probably a brute force attempt.
Using "Admin" as admin username is the worst idea you had, all scripts will try it.
Don't use captcha is another bad idea.
And you also can change your admin directory to a random-named one to avoid tries to log in your ACP.

How to add captcha on admin panel ?
You can't add it on admin panel. When I talked about captcha, it was for the member login page
(2023-10-08, 11:06 AM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You can't add it on admin panel. When I talked about captcha, it was for the member login page

Okay. Is there any way to find admin panel link if someone want to bruteforce ?

Example: I have changed the admin directory name to xxx can he find out the directory name easily or not.
If it's something random (e.g. w8EmHirtS78sRn) then they won't be able to discover it, but if you change it to "admin123" or "panel" they'll be able to find it if they're bothered enough to.