MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Plugins not appearing in ACP
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If I click "Plugins" on the left hand side of the admin panel, I receive a list screen with no plugins listed at all anymore.

If I then click on "Plugin Updates", I receive a page saying "This page isn't working"

The plugins appear to be working on the forum itself, but I cannot activate/deactivate them without the main selection screen.
All was functioning fine the other week and nothing at my end has changed on the forum bit of this site

Do you have any ideas as to what is going wrong?
See Debugging white screens. Read this first though: Enabling Error Logs.
Thank you Laird

The plugin screen returned is not a blank white screen, it simply has no entries as in this image:

[Image: screenshot.jpg]

I have attempted enabling the error logs, but no file is propogating at the default ".error.log" location..
(2023-10-08, 12:34 PM)PeteSa Wrote: [ -> ]Thank you Laird

No worries.

(2023-10-08, 12:34 PM)PeteSa Wrote: [ -> ]The plugin screen returned is not a blank white screen, it simply has no entries

Yep, the "Debugging white screens" link that I supplied applies to partial white screens like that too (as indicated in its note 2 near the bottom). Give it a go and let us know what error message you see.
I have attempted to locate the log that is meant to be generated from the  Enabling Error Logs bit, but I think I have not enbaled it correctly as no file seems to be generated.  Am guessing potentially it is a permissions issue as the file is being attempted to be created at ".error.log" - do I need to somehow give read/write access to the root directory to allow this to occur?

I am not that technical with such things, so please can you spell it out a bit?

Thank you
I wouldn't worry about error logs for now; instead, try the instructions in the "Debugging white screens" link I shared.
Look for Forum error.log in /forum.
Look for AdminCP error.log in /forum/admin

Absent recognizable errors, try this.
1. Close the forum (disables folks making changes to database by posting etc.)
2. Move all *.php files out of /inc/plugins except hello.php (you have to have at least one in the folder to prevent throwing a warning.)
2a. Look to see the plugin page shows the one default plugin Hello World! as expected. If not, then something else is going on, continue with 2b, otherwise got to step 3.
2b. Run file verification and ensure that modified files are a you expect them to be. You *did* document your custom mods, right?
3. Move the files back in one at a time to find out which *one* causes the problem to reappear.
That was it HLFadmin

One of the plugins was corrupt I guess.  I only utilise one of the ones I had installed in that directory anyway these days, so by simply removing all the other ones, problem solved.

Thank you very much Laird and HLFadmin for your help  Smile