MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: PHPmail / SMTP issues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I have a problem with sending emails on the MyBB forum. I tried to send via SMTP using Gmail SSL/TLS, but I received an error "Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 101: Network is unreachable." I also tried to send via PHP mail, but all emails bounce back and cannot be sent. I've tried this on two different hosting providers, with both a customized forum setup and the default installation, creating a test member and testing the email. I want to mention that on both hosting providers, I created a test email file, ran it, and received the email instantly, so the issue doesn't seem to be related to the host or email configuration but rather with MyBB. I've been trying various solutions non-stop for the past 48 hours, but I haven't been able to resolve it yet. It feels like there are no more unread topics on Google regarding this problem.
I also have issues with the PHP Mail Handler.

I use SMTP and have no issues but did not try it with a gmail address. I suggest using an address with your domain by setting up a no-reply email address or maybe webmaster (seriously whatever you want to call it) [ [email protected]]. Then use the SMTP details provided by your host to get it set up.