MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: No wonder!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
No wonder the phpBB Captcha got broken with such an awesome attempt as this Toungue

And if you're wondering, yes, you can just copy and paste the text.

[attachment=7549]
lmao
Im glad all the other open source protects are substantially better than that
When I saw it, I just thought it was broken and there was no way in hell that was just going to work, but it did! No email activation either.
Very interesting to know.
rcpalace Wrote:Very interesting to know.
Not thinking about making a bot for this type of exploit I hope Toungue
now theres an idea
That's not the phpbb captcha. And the VB captcha has been botted too. The only reason mybb hasn't been botted is because it's not popular enough for spammers to care.
I know it's not the actual captcha, but it appeared where the captcha is meant to be with all the qualities associated with it.
DrPoodle Wrote:
rcpalace Wrote:Very interesting to know.
Not thinking about making a bot for this type of exploit I hope Toungue

lol!, I'd never create something to destroy something else. Why would I? What did PHPBB ever do to me? On second thought....Wink their support team deleted every post I made because of some roomer; they thought I was on PHP nuke and therefore didn't want to provide me support. Anyway back to topic. Toungue

MrDoom Wrote:I know it's not the actual captcha, but it appeared where the captcha is meant to be with all the qualities associated with it.

Everyones forgetting; to kill a bot requires a bot. If their is a way to find out where the bot is coming from as in: IP; than creating a bot to destroy the bot that destroyed the CAPTCHA is easy. However, you need to know what the bot is called. An easier alternative, just edit the robots file and block the registration directory.
[I wish it was actually easier than it sounds Sad and I wish my theory was actually correct.]
Pages: 1 2