MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Mybb 18.36 Error 44
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2023-11-01, 09:22 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]on your website linked above I get only this

I have the site on "lock down" mode at cloudflare.
Refresh it a couple of times, that should work.

I disabled the under attack mode setting at CloudFlare. Lightbulb
I don't want it to be the source of confusion regarding this issue.

FYI, I have one page created with PHP, whois.php in the root folder. It also no longer runs & was not MySQL dependant.

Well my problem is solved. Working with the hosting provider we were able to determine that an upgrade to the latest version of PHP did occur on the server. The Sql extensions were in fact working. And my site had many customizations making it not function with the latest Php. This is why a restore resulted in the same error(44).
Here is what I did.
-Deleted the forum files and MySQL Database.
-Created a new database and uploaded the latest version of mybb installer to a newly created forum folder.
-Ran through the installation of mybb until completed.
-deleted the MSQWL database once again, created a new one and restored the database from a recent backup.
This restored the forums, users, themes, posts, but not the images, custom avatars, and plugins.
-Restored the missing images, avatars, and theme customizations from a recent files backup.

This type of restore to a new installation of mybb restores everything that really matters or the critical stuff like users, forums, posts. The rest is no where nearly as important & can be restored within a few more minutes via files restores. The biggest pain is probably reinstalling the plugins.
Thanks for the help. I hope this article can help someone else facing the same crappy situation.
Pages: 1 2