MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Cookie Prefixes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hmm, I actually never thought about security Toungue
Thanks for including this suggestion! Big Grin

Pirata Nervo Wrote:so you did that with hibbyware's site? cool wells i never had that problem when loging in anymore.
I added a prefix to avoid conflicts - the prefix didn't cover _all_ cookies, but it did to the crucial ones (sid etc). I just thought it would be great to have as an integrated feature instead.

And thanks again for including it Chris!!!
And if you leave blank the area for cookies...?
dam Wrote:And if you leave blank the area for cookies...?

No workie
Tikitiki Wrote:
dam Wrote:And if you leave blank the area for cookies...?

No workie

Thank you for your answer. However, I aske that question, because I left blank the cookies area during install and also after trying that folder renaming things. I set up a few boards, had my stuff to post some topics and posts and so far so good.

May I repeat again how impressed we all are with your forum software.
Well, it depends. Sometimes it'll work if your browser is smart enough to fill in the blanks.
Tikitiki Wrote:Well, it depends. Sometimes it'll work if your browser is smart enough to fill in the blanks.

But I would be better off I guess to fill in the correct cookie info, just in case, right?
dam Wrote:
Tikitiki Wrote:Well, it depends. Sometimes it'll work if your browser is smart enough to fill in the blanks.

But I would be better off I guess to fill in the correct cookie info, just in case, right?

Well yes. The instructions for cookies vary; The cookie instructions listed at our wiki are for specifically our forum only. If you want other scripts to be able to access it you need to set the cookie path at a lower level. i.e. /site/ versus /site/forum/
Pages: 1 2