MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: New users can't register
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
(2023-11-07, 03:19 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Change.
Your.
Board.
Url.

I'll try that
Your forum structure is majorly broken. You uploaded the "Upload" folder instead of contents of the Upload folder. Move everything from /forums/Upload/ to /forums/
(2023-11-07, 03:26 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]Your forum structure is majorly broken. You uploaded the "Upload" folder instead of contents of the Upload folder. Move everything from /forums/Upload/ to /forums/
Originally, I put an older version of the board in a folder called test. The install had stuff in both the Uploads and the uploads folders. The board worked so we decided to take it out of the test folder and put it in another folder. I created a folder called bboard and transferred the board to it. A few days later, I get a message on the board that there is a new version and I needed to update so I did. That is when the trouble started. I just finished copying everything from the test/Uploads folder and the bboard/Uploads folder to the/forums/ folder which is where the board resides now.

Just for grins and giggles I looked at the backup copy of the database and found references to both test/Uploads and bboard/uploads. Apparently, this is where the problem is. The big question now is can I edit the backup of the database, which has data from the website in it also, and take out these referenced then reload it or will that break things even more?

If I can do the edit, I will need a clean install of the board as some of the files that I now have in /forums/ are from the old version and some are from the new one.
That's a really complicated way to do things.

Firstly, upload a fresh copy of MyBB to /forums/ so you have a consistent state. Then make sure your cookie settings are correct and path are correct.

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-problems/

Then login to the Admin CP → Tools & Maintenance → File Verification and verify the files are correct.

After doing this then tell us what problems you're facing.
(2023-11-07, 06:41 PM)Nathan Malcolm Wrote: [ -> ]That's a really complicated way to do things.

Firstly, upload a fresh copy of MyBB to /forums/ so you have a consistent state. Then make sure your cookie settings are correct and path are correct.

https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/login-problems/

Then login to the Admin CP → Tools & Maintenance → File Verification and verify the files are correct.

After doing this then tell us what problems you're facing.
Ok, that's basically what I said. I think there are only 2 places in the database that have that problem and Winpad can find and remove them quickly. I'll have to remove and replace the whole database afterwords as the reinstall will probably ruin it.

You want me to delete everything in the /forums/ folder, correct?

We lost all the avatars and all of the posts. I can try importing the backup and editing it
The trouble is in database: you'd import twice instances with same prefix, so tables are messed up.
Drop all your mybb tables, import your backup, correct the settings and try your forum.
(2023-11-07, 10:42 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]The trouble is in database: you'd import twice instances with same prefix, so tables are messed up.
Drop all your mybb tables, import your backup, correct the settings and try your forum.

Ok, I gave up and reinstalled everything fresh. Every time I go to log in I can't get a screen that will allow me the option to login or register. I have my login pointed at swpaskywarn.com/forums/admin
domain.com/forums/admin is where you, as admin, set preferences for the entire board.
domain.com/forums is where you as forum participant view the forum.
I have created a login without problem.
(2023-11-08, 11:05 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]domain.com/forums/admin is where you, as admin, set preferences for the entire board.
domain.com/forums is where you as forum participant view the forum.
I have created a login without problem.

I think HLF logged into my board this morning. We have another problem that popped its head up this morning. When you are updating your profile, I get this:

Fatal error: Uncaught Error: [] operator not supported for strings in /home/swpaskyw/domains/swpaskywarn.com/public_html/forums/admin/modules/user/users.php:824 Stack trace: #0 /home/swpaskyw/domains/swpaskywarn.com/public_html/forums/admin/index.php(830): require() #1 {main} thrown in /home/swpaskyw/domains/swpaskywarn.com/public_html/for
ms/admin/modules/user/users.php on line 824

the Avatar doesn't do it.
Quick look shows that the variable $errors is initialized in some places as a string while in other places treated as an array. The variable is inconsistently typed throughout the system.

Be specific. What exactly were you updating when the error occurred? I want to duplicate the flaw to see the logic flow here. How do I recreate the error.
Pages: 1 2 3