MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: All plugins disappeared and Update tab gives error code 500
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a newly installed MyBB 1.8 and started adding plugin files to the root directory. I added about 6 different plugins, but did not activate any. The first one or two showed up under the ACP Configuration -> Plugins tab but I still didn’t activate. After adding the rest of the files to the directory I went to start activating them, but now no plugins show up. The rest of the ACP works fine, but the Plugins tab shows none and the Plugin Update tab throws Error 500 screen. Forum is still up but I’m not sure of functionality.

There was a general response on a dead thread about “something being in Inc that shouldn’t be” but I’m not sure what to look for. I suppose the simple way would be to delete each one and see if anything changes, but it’s already taken a long time to upload them all (as a noob) and I’m not sure that would work anyway.

Is there anything I should look for in particular in the Inc directory? 

The plugins I added to directory:
- FancyBox 
- OUGC Hide Admin Location
- Google Analytics 4
- Accept buddy requests in pm
- MentionMe 
- Thank you like system
- Social Login 35+
- Theme Patcher development build

Only other things installed:
Roundo Dark and Light themes which have worked fine

After going the simple route of uninstalling one by one, I figured out it was the OUGC Hide Admin Location 1.8.33 plugin causing the issue. After deleting all this plugin's files from the root directory, the ACP Configuration -> Plugins and Plugin Updates are back to normal. I've PM'd the plugin dev about this. Hopefully this will help someone experiencing the same issue.
Hi,

OUGC Hide Admin Location among other of my plugins were updated to work with PHP 8.0, it is possible the issue you encounter is caused by this. I have updated the plugin to work with PHP 7.0 and will apply the same requirement (as possible) when updating other plugins.

Regards.
(2023-11-12, 09:55 AM)Omar G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

OUGC Hide Admin Location among other of my plugins were updated to work with PHP 8.0, it is possible the issue you encounter is caused by this. I have updated the plugin to work with PHP 7.0 and will apply the same requirement (as possible) when updating other plugins.

Regards.

Thank you for the quick fix, I’ll test it out. I encountered the same issue with the Google Analytics 4 plugin which is likely the same issue.
Regarding the following plugin :
https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=62

It is a syntax error which will cause the plugin to fail in any PHP version.

Find :
htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->settings['ga4_measurement_id']])

Remove the additional end bracket, like so :
htmlspecialchars_uni($mybb->settings['ga4_measurement_id'])

Regards.