MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Limit number of posts per user per day plugin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Since upgrading from MyBB 1.6 to 1.8, I am missing the setting, which is the ability to limit the number of posts per user per day to, say, 25 per day. Am I overlooking it in the settings or is there a plugin available for this?
Look in ACP-Settings-Posting-Maximum Posts Per Day...
Thanks, but maximum posts per day seems to bee invisible there Wink But found this plugin instead:

https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?acti...oad&pid=60

But even with this plugin I can´t find the place to change the number of posts. Any hints?
What version MyBB?
It's there, not invisible, but easy to glance past.

[attachment=46416]

The referenced plugin limits number of threads per day.

From the readme.txt Wrote:The usergroup permission are located under the 'Posting/Rating Options?' section of the 'Forums and Posts' tab when editing a usergroup.
It's in the ACP more specifically under Users & Groups » Groups » [Click on a group] » Forums and Posts » Maximum Posts Per Day

[Edit: Oh, you beat me to it, HLFadmin]

[Edit2: Apparently, this setting was moved from the global ACP setting under Settings » Posting » Maximum Posts Per Day to the current per-group setting described above sometime between the end of the 1.6 series and the beginning of the 1.8 series, in commit 024b363 on 2 September, 2013.]
Checked all off your hints, thanks!

Maximum Threads allowed Per Day was set to 10, but members can post more than 10 new threads.
Maximum Posts Per Day was set to 0 and changed now to 25.

Hope it´s working fine now, but little confused about the members posting more than 10 new threads.

BTW: using latest version 1.8.37 and php 8.2.11.
maybe this users have additional usergroups? Check all groups!
We have 4 usergroups and all of them had the same setting of max 10 new threads a day.

Now problem tested and solved BUT you need the plugin to achieve it.
(2023-11-15, 11:45 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]It's in the ACP more specifically under Users & Groups » Groups » [Click on a group] » Forums and Posts » Maximum Posts Per Day

[Edit2: Apparently, this setting was moved from the global ACP setting under Settings » Posting » Maximum Posts Per Day to the current per-group setting described above sometime between the end of the 1.6 series and the beginning of the 1.8 series, in commit 024b363 on 2 September, 2013.]

Interesting. Yes, the setting was moved and first appeared in version 1.8.0. When I upgraded from 1.6.whatever to 1.8.6, the global setting did not get dropped from the database. It now is a remnant setting which I can change and save, but is never referenced in code.

A low-priority bug. Successfully deleted the setting from the db.