MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Security questions not appearing (yes, old topic I know!)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've read several previous posts on this topic, but still no solution so far:
- Settings>Login and Registration Options>Show Security Question is checked "Yes".
- Settings>Security Questions: each of the four questions is in fact Enabled and I confirm that its checkbox is set "Active".

Yet questions still do not appear in the Registration panel.

I do see this previous question
https://community.mybb.com/thread-169895.html
...in which it's implied that the Theme may be the root problem; one reply advises going to Templates & Style > Templates > Find Updated Templates
Doing so, I find only Default Template set to showthread_inlinemoderation

Also: member_register, member_register_question and member_register_question_refresh are all set to Default.

Thanks for any advice
What is your MyBB forum address?
Thank you Hazel!

Felt it would be prudent to PM you the forum's URL and info... so I just did that.
(yes, I saw your warning but since I was replying and not requesting......)
I checked your site. Is it a problem with the template? I'm not sure. Do you have the same problem with the default theme?
(2023-12-08, 09:01 AM)Hazel Wrote: [ -> ]I checked your site. Is it a problem with the template? I'm not sure. Do you have the same problem with the default theme?

Sorry Hazel, I'm not quite sure how to test that:
- I'm hesitant to set the site to default theme for fear it'd botch something irretrievably.
- And I don't have time to set up a whole separate site to test default values.

As you can see, there are quite a few defective aspects after the upgrade I did: 90% successful but with some damage done.
I am obviously an amateur at this! Rolleyes
If you need help, visit my discord and message me:
I'm always willing to help my fellow MyBB friends!
https://discord.gg/nu2qdqc7mS
@Snotcriz you don't need discord to help people here! Just feel free to post your solutions