MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: force subscription
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi,

is it possible to have users subscribed to threads as the default setting, with them able to unsubscribe later? i know opt-out vs. opt-in is uncool, but this is the only way to motivate people to participate in the pacific islands Wink

cheers
leon
I'm sure it's not the only way to get people motivated! You do realise that if you have this your forum will get slower and slower and slower?

As for how to do it, you'd need a modification.
yeah, it is a forum for governance experts in the pacific islands. the sort of people who sleep all day. our other option is to keep emailing them and reminding them to check the forum...

i managed to find an acceptable solution by looking at the templates for new_reply and showthread_quickreply and adding checked="checked" for the checkboxes in question.

i know this is evil and that a site should be built around motivated users instead of users motivated to build a site, but on the other hand it is part of their jobs. cheers for your help!

leon
Hi,

Just wanted to bump this thread as I was hoping something was developped for this? I have a fairly small forum (no more than 50 users) but want them to be notified for every new topic posted in a specific forum. Does this exist?

Thanks a lot
Hello, I also need to force/automatically set 'Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies' is there a mod for this yet?
Thanks
(2009-06-24, 07:20 PM)peepo Wrote: [ -> ]Hello, I also need to force/automatically set 'Subscribe without receiving email notification of new replies' is there a mod for this yet?
Thanks

NO. at the time of registration, users have to tick the option for it manually.