MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: User can't log in
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning,

I'm running mybb 1.8.37.

I have a user that can't log in to their account. they have also done a password reset.

I have also tried logging into the users account without any luck when you click login the webpage loading just keeps spinning and spinning no matter how long its left.

Can anyone offer any advise on steps to take is their a log that may help point to what's going on?

Cookie path is set ok as I and many other users can login without issue.
can you share your forum URL please?
Also, is is just that particular user that's having this problem? or is there anyone else?
(2023-12-13, 11:17 AM)Joey_Pham423 Wrote: [ -> ]can you share your forum URL please?
Also, is is just that particular user that's having this problem? or is there anyone else?

Yes sorry I forgot to add that.

https://www.vxoc.org.uk/forum/index.php

As far as I know this is the only user facing the issue.
Was it always like this or has the problem only recently occurred?
does the username contain any special characters?
(2023-12-13, 11:32 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]Was it always like this or has the problem only recently occurred?
does the username contain any special characters?

The user used to be able to login.

No just letters no caps either.

I'm wondering if I could remove the user and then get them to resign up with the same details but I'm not sure that will work.
very mysterious

So you tried to log in with the corresponding username and password on your device and that didn't work either
This would rule out the possibility that there is a problem with the user regarding the browser, cookies, etc

I wouldn't delete the user
The user can try to register again and see whether the login works
If that works, you could merge the two accounts in the ACP.
If the problem occurs again after that, we're back to square one

I checked your cookie settings, they are correct
Yes that's correct I tried to login on my phone, laptop and PC and I get the same result.

I also cleaned all my cookies etc on pc as last resort.

If I leave it long enough it'll finally pop up an 500 error page.

[Image: Forum.png]

I shall get the user the to try and reregister.

(2023-12-13, 12:56 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]very mysterious

So you tried to log in with the corresponding username and password on your device and that didn't work either
This would rule out the possibility that there is a problem with the user regarding the browser, cookies, etc

I wouldn't delete the user
The user can try to register again and see whether the login works
If that works, you could merge the two accounts in the ACP.
If the problem occurs again after that, we're back to square one

I checked your cookie settings, they are correct

We've managed to get it working by using the merge but had to merge thank-you for your help.