MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Create an "invite only" forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(2023-12-14, 09:57 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]please make sure you are group leader of your group

Thx for the reply & screenshots. I'll look it over now.

Quickly though, how do I designate myself the leader of the Group I created? B/c when I check my "Group Memberships", I'm not listed as a member of my own group. Huh
Quote:I checked the box: "Members can access the Moderator CP" (which I assumed let anyone with Moderator privileges or above to see the Group

This option will allow members of such groups to access the Moderator CP thus virtually making them moderators. It is not what you seem to have thought it is.
(2023-12-14, 10:47 PM)OysterMug Wrote: [ -> ]Quickly though, how do I designate myself the leader of the Group I created? B/c when I check my "Group Memberships", I'm not listed as a member of my own group. Huh
first you have to make yourself member of the group;

To do this, edit your account in the ACP and add the new group as additional group

then go to ACP --> Users & Groups --> Groups --> choose Options for the group you want --> Group Leaders

edit: If you already have additional groups for your account, mark the new group with CTRL
(2023-12-14, 11:16 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]first you have to make yourself member of the group;

Okay, I've made myself a member of my own group (according to "Group Memberships" in the UserCP.)

I thought this would create a Forum using the Group Name. Do I create that separately? I'm a bit confused.
yes, groups and forums are two different things

in ACP you can create the forum, than you have to set the permissions for each group

From my experience I can only recommend it to you to check the permissions for each usergroup with a test account so that only the group that is supposed to see the forum and its contents actually sees them
To do this, you always give the test account one group and look in the forum to see what you see with these group rights, and whether that is what you wanted

The MyBB rights system is extremely complex

by the way: if you could join the group via UserCP the group-settings aren't correct

two more screenshots for the permissions
Pages: 1 2