MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Activation email not sending?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello there, I'm new when it comes down to mailing when it comes down to MyBB. Wordpress was easier for an example I could type my personal email and they would get an activation email forwarding to my admin email for my website but now I'm on MyBB it's completely different I feel so let me know my issue I'm running. 

I want to setup my mailing for under Admin Panel > Configuration > Site Settings and under "admin email" I can use my personal email address so when a new user registers on my website they get an activation email but my friends that registered on my website for testing purposes they mentioned that they have not had an email so using my personal email doesn't work?

I'm assuming I would need to setup a private email subscription with my web hosting then? Using my personal email doesn't seem to work with MyBB? I'm with Namecheap.com so I would need to setup a private emailing subscription with them for users to get an activation email? 

Let guide me to the right way as I mentioned above I'm new to MyBB especially when it comes to mailing. I want to set it up right away! Thanks for reading!
Have a look to Home » Board Settings » Mail Settings, choose "smtp mail" and set the correct values from you personnal mail hoster.