MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Upgrades and Skins (Totally Lost)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey Everyone:

A friend of mine and I (both MAC users) started a forum a few days ago. It's doing pretty well, and for the most part we found it easy to get everything up and running. The only problem is the esthetics of the board. I find it difficult to change. Granted, neither the co-founder or I are very savvy in this area so I'd like to ask (well, beg) for help.

We'd like to change the template to something that suits our forum and "clean up" the look a little. We are having a hard time making the logo blend with the background (it's just kind of floating there and looks awkward). We are a fan forum, and our subject's favorite colors are in the purple family, and the closest we can get is the pinkie theme. I found a purple theme I'd like to install, but have no clue how to do it. I don't even know where the ./images or whatever it's called is located. So, I can't even begin the process.

Do we need to upgrade the forum to get more themes? If so, how exactly do we do that? I'm not familiar with FTP or if it's even relevant to someone using a MacBook. The directs are just so vague to me. They might as well be in French.

Please HELP! I'd really like to get the forum looking nice. Here is the board, if you want to see it:

http://peaceandpancakes.createmybb.com/index.php

Thanks!!
Midoria Wrote:both MAC users
That is not a mitigating factor.

As for your problem, you are using CreateMyBB, firstly, we don't support CreateMyBB. Secondly, you can only use skins that have already been uploaded on a CreateMyBB forum, if you would like to use a different skin, you have to request that it be added on the CreateMyBB forums.
MrDoom Wrote:As for your problem, you are using CreateMyBB, firstly, we don't support CreateMyBB. Secondly, you can only use skins that have already been uploaded on a CreateMyBB forum, if you would like to use a different skin, you have to request that it be added on the CreateMyBB forums.

What does is forum support, then? What is the difference between that and what I'm using??
MyBB is a product we package for users to install & use themselves on their own webspace.

CreateMyBB is a hosted service who pre-install MyBB on their webspace for users do not have their own. Whilst they use MyBB as the platform, they use a customised version of it with limited features.
Oh, I see. Thanks!