MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Migrate users n Posts to new install
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello

I am thinking of doing a fresh install of MyBB due to many issues am facing. Would I be able to import users n posts from old one to new one? If so, how ?

Merry Christmas...
(2023-12-24, 08:30 AM)TechXero Wrote: [ -> ]Hello

I am thinking of doing a fresh install of MyBB due to many issues am facing. Would I be able to import users n posts from old one to new one? If so, how ?

Merry Christmas...

hi , of course , you can install new mybb and import old data in new mybb tables with queries .
How exactly ? Am new to this. How to import posts/threads/users only nothing else ? I do not want to break it again lol
(2023-12-24, 08:54 AM)TechXero Wrote: [ -> ]How exactly ? Am new to this. How to import posts/threads/users only nothing else ? I do not want to break it again lol

if you are using mysql and you have phpmyadmin , easy way is import old database in phpmyadmin and export tables that you want like users and import to new database .

these articles may help you.

How to import a database or table
How to Export a Table in phpMyAdmin

if you do not have phpmyadmin , need work with command line and this need more knowledge which cannot be explained in a sentence and you can search on Google.

note : if you do not have require knowledge about all of this , I can do this for you as a service (non-free).
Thanks all done ! Solved !