MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Old browsers designs vs today browsers designs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For you, were the designs from before better or are the ones from now better? I'm talking about browsers.
My opinion: old browsers designs were better.
Old designs were unique, nowadays they look pretty close if not the same. I loved Opera back then..
I agree to what you think about web design today and legacy.
A question absolutely justified.

Decades ago a website has been created with much more passion to be unique having a recognition value. But websites caused more computing and traffic because of using JavaScripts for effects and images for styling (instead of CSS) - all that means more costs for designing a website and more costs ind terms of limited bandwidth.

Today computing and bandwith is insignificant and wasted, but everything is shrinking down to simplicity, soullessness.
It's like most of the people are no longer interested in details and character and business does not allow spending time in design, but function and sales volume.
Today there is no more thrive, no more time to effort in quality - but spoiling. And so all digital ecosystems will meet this stupidity.

It is still possible to recognize websites that have been created with passion for details being unique and created by a genious webmaster - or those being created by a 'webmaster' who is not a webmaster but given the abilitity to create his sh*t on the web by toolkits. Toolkits are made for idiots and follow simplicity and idiocy.

As a webmaster for decades I allow myself to spit this fire - but I have to admit and can't free myself from this course.
Mobiles, tablets and other handheld devices require different designs. That makes webdesign more restricted and complex.

[ExiTuS]