MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Where do I change the Subject Length?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have a forum that needs a longer subject length. I found the message min and max length. But I can't find the subject length. Does anybody know where I set this?
(2024-01-01, 07:28 PM)jasongeek Wrote: [ -> ]I have a forum that needs a longer subject length. I found the message min and max length. But I can't find the subject length. Does anybody know where I set this?

https://community.mybb.com/thread-213073...pid1284850 this may help you
Thank you for your help.

Strange. That didn't work. I changed it, cleared my browser cache and cookies, logged back in and it still limits the subject length to 85 characters.
Mind the database has a limitation on characters for the table field mybb_posts."subject" (e.g. 120 chars).
Consider increasing the length of this field to be ready for more. This change can be done during runtime:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE mybb_posts ALTER COLUMN subject VARCHAR (200);

[ETS]
(2024-01-04, 11:48 PM)[ExiTuS] Wrote: [ -> ]Mind the database has a limitation on characters for the table field mybb_posts."subject" (e.g. 120 chars).
Consider increasing the length of this field to be ready for more. This change can be done during runtime:
SQL:
ALTER TABLE mybb_posts ALTER COLUMN subject VARCHAR (200);

[ETS]

Got it. Thanks!