MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Dark MyBB | Support required
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I recently came back to MyBB after a few years off the forum scene, I came back mainly to learn the development side of things and decided to start with the default theme to see how it all works. I'm far from a "developer" but I am willing to learn and put the time in.

I spent a few hours editing the theme and made a few small changes one of them being making a dark theme, I will list my plans below.

Plans for the theme:
  • 90% of the Images to CSS
  • Make custom member profiles
  • Make a custom forum team page (like the one here on MyBB community)
  • Make a custom members page
  • Make a nav bar
I understand that this is quite a bit of work but I will do it over the long term and as I learn more and more. The plan will be to release the theme free to the community, giving everyone a nice dark theme to work from with the option over an expensive custom theme.

I will now note my skills below, so any advice can be giving accurately.

My Skills
  • HTML - I understand the core fundamentals of HTML and can create a basic website
  • CSS - Again I have a good understanding of the fundamentals.
  • Javascript - I am currently in the process of learning bits but at the moment I have very little understanding.
  • Design - I have spent years designing themes and websites as a hobby but with no understand on how to develop the design, my skills on design are fair.

Previews

Below you can find previews taken of what I have already done, a basic colour theme and a general overall design of how the theme will go.

Index
Thread view

Any advice or feedback moving forward would be greatly appreciated,

Thank you.
Hi, I think you should be able to remove all images, even make the logo imageless (just text probably).

Good luck !
(2024-01-05, 10:31 PM)OmarĀ G. Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, I think you should be able to remove all images, even make the logo imageless (just text probably).

Good luck !

Yeah, so far I removed around 90% of images since posting this and the logo is now text. Thank you.