MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is It Possible To Restore A Forum If You Have Downloaded A Copy From Wayback Machine?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to restore a forum if you have downloaded a copy from Wayback Machine??

My forum was hosted on my friends server looks like the server might be no more I most recent back is to old to use.
if you have website database you can restore even if you do not have files, because important part is Database and you can do require change in your database based on mybb last version manually if required
First, can you ensure to have a full copy of your forums? Did archive.org cover all single pages entirely?

There is no "easy way" to recover a forum from a website copy already compiled.

A "very hard way" is possible with massive effort.
That means developing a customized HTML parser to read the HTML source code and only extract and convert the data needed (forums, usernames, threads, titles, posts, all id's, timestamps and all the meta stuff that is required to fill a new MyBB database in a correct format). You cannot recover users because of missing mail addresses and passwords etc.

It depends on the size of your board... How many single pages did you save?
If it is a small one with a couple of users, threads and posts, you can try to rebuild by yourself manually.

Better ask your friend!

[ExiTuS]