MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Error when updating usergroup
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I am trying to update a user's group from awaiting activation to registered or basically any of the others groups I have set but I get this error:
Any ideas?

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
SQL Error:
1054 - Unknown column 'yahoo' in 'field list'
Query:
UPDATE mybb_users SET email='user email', postnum=36, threadnum=5, usergroup=2, additionalgroups='', displaygroup=0, usertitle='', signature='Yonk#3063', website='', icq=0, yahoo='', skype='', google='', birthday='', style=0, timezone='-4', dateformat='0', timeformat='0', language='', away=0, awaydate='0', returndate='0', awayreason='', usernotes='', allownotices=1, hideemail=0, subscriptionmethod=0, invisible=0, dstcorrection=2, threadmode='linear', classicpostbit=0, showimages=1, showvideos=1, showsigs=1, showavatars=1, showquickreply=1, receivepms=1, receivefrombuddy=0, pmnotice=1, daysprune=0, showcodebuttons=1, sourceeditor=0, pmnotify=0, buddyrequestspm=1, buddyrequestsauto=0, showredirect=1, tpp=0 WHERE uid='36'
your templates are outdated, check for updated templates via

ACP --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates

which MyBB version do you run?
(2024-01-10, 05:43 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]your templates are outdated, check for updated templates via

ACP --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates

which MyBB version do you run?

Which ones should I update?
I really don't want to break my forum because I spent a very long time designing it / customizing it and adding custom features.
I am running MyBB 1.8.20
Hello, when I update users through admin cp or mod cp i get the error

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.

Please contact the MyBB Group for technical support.

What could the issue be?
The column "yahoo" is missing in database table mybb_users.
In MyBB 1.8.20 the contact field "yahoo" is still present and has been removed in MyBB 1.8.22.

Run the following MySQL query in phpMyAdmin:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD COLUMN `yahoo` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `icq`;
@Schnapsnase Yahoo Messenger is dead since 2018 (?)

better to update the board and the templates or modify the template which causes this error

Since the topic starter rules out an update and prefers to run a forum with various security gaps, you can't help him anyway

@Deki what does the error log tell you about your error from yesterday?
(2024-02-09, 10:40 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]better to update the board and the templates...

Yes of course, i completely agree with you. Wink
(2024-02-09, 10:13 AM)Schnapsnase Wrote: [ -> ]The column "yahoo" is missing in database table mybb_users.
In MyBB 1.8.20 the contact field "yahoo" is still present and has been removed in MyBB 1.8.22.

Run the following MySQL query in phpMyAdmin:
ALTER TABLE `mybb_users` ADD COLUMN `yahoo` varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '' AFTER `icq`;

Haha, thank you so much. Didn't realize the issue was so simple to fix. Thank you so much for the help, and yes updating the templates is a must-do.