MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: What OS are you using?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Ubuntu Linux 8.04 Hardy
Fedora 9
Mandriva One 2009
Back Traker 3
Xubuntu 8.04
Windows XP: SP2
Windows Vista:Home Premium

^^ now just waiting for a right time to get cheap 4 GB Ram, 320-500 GB Hard Drive, and AMD Opteron or others.... to build my server powerd by Ubuntu 8.10 Hardy LTS... stick this all together into a PC from I think 2000 if not older get some spray paint and color the entire PC case into nice Cyan something like Master Chief (Halo) custom color.... add some bleach skull stickers and we are set....

but then I will need new BUS Port, Video Card, Internet Card o well must get the cheapest stuff....
Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard
Wow I just realized how old this topic was.
Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1.
But when my laptop comes home, I'll make that machine a great computer. Since this one is an old orange.
btw.. what do you guys recommend for a laptop using Photoshop, FileZilla or any other FTP program, MSN, Mozilla Firefox (a must) and a good audio program to use. I mean, the best OS for these things. It will have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4GB memory and all that great stuff for a normal-fast computer.

Geez, this is really old :O
(2009-02-01, 10:59 AM)Icy Wrote: [ -> ]Microsoft Windows Vista Ultimate SP1.
But when my laptop comes home, I'll make that machine a great computer. Since this one is an old orange.
btw.. what do you guys recommend for a laptop using Photoshop, FileZilla or any other FTP program, MSN, Mozilla Firefox (a must) and a good audio program to use. I mean, the best OS for these things. It will have an Intel Core 2 Duo processor with 4GB memory and all that great stuff for a normal-fast computer.

Geez, this is really old :O
I use what you're using now and it works fine - with more programs than thatToungue
I meant the hardware, not the OS.
Ah, sorryConfused
XP Pro on my Main PC
Vista Business on my new Laptop
Ubuntu 8.10 on my old Laptop
Ubuntu 8.10 on the family PC
Is there any difference between Vista Home Premium, Home basic, Business, etc.?
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9