MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Google SEO 1.8.4 sitemap issue
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,

Google SEO 1.8.4 plugin Sitemap is not working for me. Anyway to fix it ?

Regards.
You seem to have trouble with all sitemap plugins. Peharps the trouble doesn't come from plugins.
(2024-01-12, 01:21 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]You seem to have trouble with all sitemap plugins. Peharps the trouble doesn't come from plugins.

If its not plugin issue than how its doing same thing on all 3 domains ?
Are they hosted by the same provider ? Based on the same install ?
Search what is common between the three forums and you'll probably find the culprit.
(2024-01-12, 03:15 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Are they hosted by the same provider ? Based on the same install ?
Search what is common between the three forums and you'll probably find the culprit.

Yes all 3 domains are on same hosting. I didnt find any issue from my side and I dont know whats wrong with sitemap.
Have a look in MyBB error log and server errors. Check permissions. Check settings.
We can't help you when we have just "it doesn't work" and a link to an empty file.
(2024-01-13, 12:15 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Have a look in MyBB error log and server errors. Check permissions. Check settings.
We can't help you when we have just "it doesn't work" and a link to an empty file.

Google Sitemap Plugin Settings

[attachment=46547]
sitemap url scheme is wrong

clear the setting (empty string) then reach the sitemap via yoursite/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index (works without rewrites)

or set it to sitemap-{url}.xml and reach it via yoursite/sitemap-index.xml if your .htaccess has the rewrite rules setup accordingly

either way there is no actual file in the filesystem, the sitemap is generated on the fly everytime it is accessed so it's always up to date
(2024-01-14, 07:34 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]sitemap url scheme is wrong

clear the setting (empty string) then reach the sitemap via yoursite/misc.php?google_seo_sitemap=index (works without rewrites)

or set it to sitemap-{url}.xml and reach it via yoursite/sitemap-index.xml if your .htaccess has the rewrite rules setup accordingly

either way there is no actual file in the filesystem, the sitemap is generated on the fly everytime it is accessed so it's always up to date

Fixed 3 out of 4 mybb forums by changing url on Google SEO sitemap plugin and its fixed on Google search console too.

4rth mybb forum sitemap is not updating even I have disabled and re-enabled the plugin.
(2024-01-14, 07:34 PM)frostschutz Wrote: [ -> ]sitemap url scheme is wrong

I see this issue:

[attachment=46583]

How to fix it? Should I write <a href="https://example.com"> on main index file ?