MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Issue Resolved Button
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Every now and then, I like to offer help for newbies in this forum; but I find it time consuming when I have to read all new--and sometimes old-- threads to find out whether or not a member's issue was resolved.

So, I suggest an "issue resolved" button at the bottom of each thread (next to "edit", "reply", "pm", etc. buttons) which should be made available to the members who post the threads, or to the moderators of the forum, and which they can press when the issues in question are resolved, and this should be reflected in an icon placed on the left of the thread, like those of the closed or moved icons.

Regards
labrocca Wrote:http://ideas.mybboard.net/

Yea...I have seen that ideas' cemetery before. My mind is not that phantasmagoric.Toungue
It's not a cemetery. A load of ideas posted there have been turned into plugins, and a load of others have been made into features!
Can you this plugin ?

First post of a thread has a new button ( [Image: postbit_solved.gif] ) next to the edit button; viewable for threadstarter, forum moderator and admin. When you click on it, you can mark the thread as "solved" and the threadicon will be changed into a new one ( [Image: dot_solved.gif] )

Install:
* Upload solved.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
* Upload postbit_solved.gif into ./images/english/ folder
* Upload solved.gif into ./images/icons/ folder
* Activate the plugin in your PluginManager.

Update!
* Upload New solved.php
* Upload solved.gif into ./images/icons/ folder
* Deactivate!
* Activate Again.
=> Whats New? A new posticon has been added; when a thread has been marked as solved, the "solved.gif" posticon will appear.
DrPoodle Wrote:It's not a cemetery. A load of ideas posted there have been turned into plugins, and a load of others have been made into features!
I must be wrong in this case. Yet, with the "loads of ideas" there and the loads of "votes", it is hard to tell which ones were put into action. Don't you think that it should be indicated somewhere there that a certain idea with over 100 votes was adopted or not!

LeX- Wrote:Can you try this plugin ?

Thanks LeX-. This is a wonderful plugin. I installed it in my testing forum and it worked fine except that the thread icon doesn't change. What do you think is missing in my installation? I already tested it in your forum and I can see that it works great, exactly the way I thought of it.
I have another question: Is it possible to limit this feature to a specific forums, like the general support one?

Regards
It would be a good idea to have something similar running on this forum. Smile
maatty Wrote:
DrPoodle Wrote:It's not a cemetery. A load of ideas posted there have been turned into plugins, and a load of others have been made into features!
I must be wrong in this case. Yet, with the "loads of ideas" there and the loads of "votes", it is hard to tell which ones were put into action. Don't you think that it should be indicated somewhere there that a certain idea with over 100 votes was adopted or not!
Look in the closed area. It shows you which ideas have been included in either MyBB 1.2 or MyBB 1.4.

As for the ones that have loads of votes but are still open, you will have to assume they are not in 1.4. There are a number of features in 1.4 that we are keeping under wraps, mainly because we want everyone to be surprised and happy!
maatty Wrote:

LeX- Wrote:Can you try this plugin ?

Thanks LeX-. This is a wonderful plugin. I installed it in my testing forum and it worked fine except that the thread icon doesn't change. What do you think is missing in my installation? I already tested it in your forum and I can see that it works great, exactly the way I thought of it.
I have another question: Is it possible to limit this feature to a specific forums, like the general support one?

Regards

Updated; you can enter fids where you want the solve button to appear.

Update:
* Deactivate First !
* Reupload solved.php into your ./inc/plugins/ folder
* Activate again. ( New settingsgroup created )
destroyer Wrote:It would be a good idea to have something similar running on this forum. Smile

Very true and also Lex- great plugin I needed this Smile
Pages: 1 2 3