MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: HELP. User can't post after being added to a Members Only group.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I created a hidden forum and added members to it.

Every member I added who wasn't already a Moderator, is suddenly unable to post... anywhere.

Removing them from the group does not restore their ability to post. Making them a Moderator doesn't stop their posts from receiving the message:

"Please note that new posts in this forum must be approved by a moderator before becoming visible."

Users were added via:

Users & Groups | Profile | (Ctrl select from list "Additional User Groups)

I had one user create a new account. Everything was fine until I added him back to my forum. Now he can't even post to the new forum.

I'm clearly making things worse. I myself am an "Administrator".

What am I doing wrong? Huh
when you set that forum posts need Confirmation by moderator , if you want some usergroup bypass this, you can set that user group or user as forum Moderator.

admin panel --> forums & posts --> Forum Management --> click on Options button next to required forum --> click on Moderators --> Add a user or usergroup as Moderator
Thanks. However, does this make every member of the group a (site-wide) Moderator, or just grant them "Moderator" privileges to just that one forum?

I don't wish to elevate every member to "Moderators" for the entire site (or even the one forum.)