MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Profile error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So I banned a user, before I did I created a new user group called "Semi-BANNED" with limited permissions. I can see on a post the member group is correct(Semi-BANNED). However, on the profile page it still shows he's part of the "member" group...

Kind Regards
Hemi
Can you check the user in the Admin CP (search for the user then view the "Edit User" page) and check what the group memberships are listed as there?

Regards,
Chris
Primary user group is Semi-BANNED. No secondary user group has been selected. For Display User Groups I have Primary. I let the software make the call on if there should be a check automatically applied in the Semi-BANNED group. I figured since it was already Primary it should show everywhere as that. But then again, I'm probably wrong Toungue

Regards
Augie
Sorry for the delay in this.

Yes, MyBB will use the display group setting in preference to the primary group setting.

Did you ban the user manually by moving them to your semi-banned group or did you use the banning functionality included within MyBB?

Chris
Chris Boulton Wrote:Sorry for the delay in this.

Yes, MyBB will use the display group setting in preference to the primary group setting.

Did you ban the user manually by moving them to your semi-banned group or did you use the banning functionality included within MyBB?

Chris

As for the delay, it happens to the best of us, your support has much improved Chris, no complaints there Smile

As far as did I move them to the new group manually, yes I did. I created the group, and added the weakend permissions, then moved the bad user to it. I didn't want a full ban just a partial one and MyBB allowed me an alternative route that really rocks. It provides an excellent way to get around a full ban that's really super cool IMO.

And yes, his Primary group was changed to "semi-banned" and it still doesn't reflect that group. It just says he's "newbie". So I believe that's a bug if I'm understanding you correctly?

I'm going to take some screens and post them up in a minute to clarify this for sure.
I think your mixing user group with user title
Screens. Need more? Please let me know what it is.

Regards
Tikitiki Wrote:I think your mixing user group with user title

Not sure? O.o I apoligize if that's the case.

Regards
Yes... That's the "user title" defined by the amount of posts, however this still may be a bug (Should it be replacing it with the "banned" user group title?)
Tikitiki Wrote:(Should it be replacing it with the "banned" user group title?)

That's what I was thinking... Smile I know if you ban someone it says banned in that area.. So that works.
Pages: 1 2