MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: suggestion stop forum spam
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have noticed that spam bots occasionally register and write on my site. I have activated the recaptha but still spam bots continue to register. How can I stop this annoying problem? I have seen that in the settings it says stop forum spam. How can I configure it?
when you said reCAPTCHA  you mean like this? or other service provider.
because google reCAPTCHA  is super secure
(2024-02-04, 04:08 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]when you said reCAPTCHA  you mean like this? or other service provider.

I'm using this. Is it the same thing?
Captchas are more likely to deter people than bots, that's just the way it is now

Come up with some good security questions that people interested in your forum topic can solve but bots can't. So not 2+2 =
I had such specific questions for my band's fan board that one bot came through in 7 years Wink
So you advise me to put a more complex question. I just have to think which question to ask xD
not only one question, but 5 to 10

for Stop Forum Spam you can set settings in ACP --> Configuration --> Stop Forum Spam
what settings do you suggest I put in stop spam forum?
I can't tell you, cause I don't use it with my new board, which is closed for everyone, so I have no problems with bots etc.
However, won't five questions discourage people from registering?
(2024-02-04, 04:21 PM)SELLECK87 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-02-04, 04:08 PM)Mostafa.Shiraali Wrote: [ -> ]when you said reCAPTCHA  you mean like this? or other service provider.

I'm using this. Is it the same thing?

this is hcaptcha and strongest option is google reCaptcha.
you can add in register side or login side .(what ever you want)
Pages: 1 2