MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Why is that banner advertisement insertion not a Core Feature in MyBB
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everyone!

One of the main reasons of creating a community forum is to earn advertisement revenue to support the cost of maintenance. It is either from Google Adsense or advertisement from business communities.

But there is non in MyBB features.  You can not find a reliable plugin too. That is why MyBB is not so popular so far. If MyBB team can make Banner Advertisement insertion (ease of use) a core feature, I think MyBB will become very popular. Do you all agree?
One of the main reasons of creating a community forum is to build a community and have an orderly exchange on a topic with people with similar interests.
In 20 years of forums, I have never advertised because I don't want to do that to my users. Call me stupid, but if I want to run a forum, then I can afford the costs!

And that's why forum software doesn't need this kind of crap for my mind

Thank you for writing in large enough letters that I can read it from the office door without glasses
+1 bv64 !

I had many forums, one is still alive and with activity. I never advertised anything.
forum = community, not money.

Same for my IRC network, no money, no ads, nothing else than communities and free tchat.
Agree. Small forum for 10 years.
It's people, not bucks. There's enough there who kick in on expenses.
Ads are the biggest distraction on any visual field.
I don’t think I’ve seen any forum software that includes it by default. Like many already said, it’s about the community… and the community often doesn’t like ads (and neither do the admins!).
Thank you guys for your support, I'm glad I'm not alone with my opinion
Additionally, you usually don't change advertisement codes too frequently as to require such a feature. Usually manual modifications of templates suffice. I doubt this feature by itself would rocket this or any other forum software to the moon.
(2024-02-06, 08:07 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]One of the main reasons of creating a community forum is to build a community and have an orderly exchange on a topic with people with similar interests.
In 20 years of forums, I have never advertised because I don't want to do that to my users. Call me stupid, but if I want to run a forum, then I can afford the costs!

And that's why forum software doesn't need this kind of crap for my mind

Thank you for writing in large enough letters that I can read it from the office door without glasses

I have never advertised because I don't want to do that to my users. Call me stupid, but if I want to run a forum, then I can afford the costs!
i thought about, but after i saw how cheap such a site is at a webhoster, i decided to not bring any advertisement.