MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Selected incorrect version during upgrade, anything to worry about?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I performed an upgrade of mybb today and I was asked what my old version was.
Since I couldnt remember and had merged the folder with the upgrade, I could no longer get back in to check the version.
I incorrectly selected version 1.8.22, going by what I thought I had last downloaded in my history.
Turns out the last version was version 1.3.4 (or 5) that was running.
I cant see any issues that I can tell from running afterwards, but if there is anything I should check, that would be appreciated.
Failing that I could perform a restore of the home directory and start again.
Its an easy mistake to make, but from memory I was never asked to select previous versions when upgrading in the past.
haven't observed any issues about 1 month on, but would be good to know if i should look out for anything in particular.
(2024-02-07, 03:17 AM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out the last version was version 1.3.4 (or 5) that was running.

Did you mean 1.8.34?

It shouldn't cause problems.

It looks like the update from 1.8.15 to 1.8.16 was the most recent one where some minor data would be discarded for database table changes.
(2024-02-27, 12:36 AM)Devilshakerz Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-02-07, 03:17 AM)nzoomed Wrote: [ -> ]Turns out the last version was version 1.3.4 (or 5) that was running.

Did you mean 1.8.34?

It shouldn't cause problems.

It looks like the update from 1.8.15 to 1.8.16 was the most recent one where some minor data would be discarded for database table changes.

yes sorry thats correct.
Thats good to know, looks like its all running OK.