MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Pages of Warnings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Woke up this AM and turned on the computer and when I looked at the forum I had several pages worth of Warnings in the form of Warning [2] Undefined variable $announcements - Line: 2 - File: inc/plugins/bam.php(370) : eval()'d code PHP 8.2.15 (Linux)

URL looks like: https://www.chronicsuicidesupport.com/forum/

I'm running 1.8.37 I've been running MyBB for several years and upgraded as needed. I installed 1.8.37 last November when it was released and have had no problems until this AM.

Disabling several plugins (MentionMe, MyAlerts, FunMyCodes) has decreased the number of warnings but I have no idea where they came from in the first place.
your hoster has changed your Webspace to PHP8

You can deactivate the display of warnings in the acp

acp --> configuration --> Server & Optimization

but the warnings are still there after this, you don't see them!

a lot of plugins aren't ready for PHP8 because it fell so suddenly from the sky (2020)

take a look on the support-threads of your plugins, maybe there is a new version, maybe there are solutions

good luck!

edit:
first one I saw
Warning [2] Undefined property: MyLanguage::$forum_locked

open template index in acp
search for: $lang->forum_locked
replace with: $lang->forum_closed
this are changes from the update to 1.8.16 !!!

edit2:
Template header
change {$unreadposts} to {$modnotice}
this was changed in update to 1.8.20 !!!

your templates seem to be outdated, check them via ACP --> Templates --> Find Updated Templates
To explain: Templates that are not in their original state are not affected by an update and remain unchanged and therefore become outdated!

no solution for the bam-plugin warning, I don't know this plugin
That solved my problem. I'm debating whether to check the plugins or not since the activity level has been floating around nil.

Thank you Lu.
It's a shame that activity has slowed down so much, because your forum has an important topic
Glad, that i could help