MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lost my site in a hosting move. Can't get it back up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hey there,

I switched hosting sites and cannot get my MyBB back up. I'm completely in the weeds and not knowledgeable enough to fix it.

I have a complete backup of the public_html folder from the old site and can see all of the attachments, posts, ect in that folder.  What I can't figure out is how to get it back into the MyBB software. Right now I just have a blank board. (scifikitbash.com)

If anyone would like to make a few bucks helping me to get back up and running, I sure would appreciate it.  

John
If you do not find a free solution, I am at your service as a non-free support

Telegram : @MostafaShiraali
Discord : MostafaShiraali#7754(mostafashiraali)
do you have a backup from database from the old hoster?

please use the docs: https://docs.mybb.com/1.8/faq/moving-to-a-new-web-host/
If you have the public-html folder then that should be all the files but have you got a database backup as well (dependent on your methods there maybe one in the admin directory >> backups)?
Okay, first off thank you everyone. You all rock.

I do have a back up. I downloaded it. Went into the phpmyadmin, clicked my database on the left hand side then uploaded the back up. I then get this:

-- MyBB Database Backup-- Generated: 28th January 2024 at 22:33-- -------------------------------------CREATE TABLE mybbss_adminlog ( uid int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', ipaddress varbinary(16) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', dateline int(10) unsigned NOT NULL DEFAULT '0', module varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', action varchar(50) NOT NULL DEFAULT '', data text NOT NULL, KEY module (module,action), KEY uid (uid)) ENGINE=MyISAM DEFAULT CHARSET=utf8;
You reinstalled the forum, which was absolutely unnecessary!
So delete the database or its contents and then try to restore the backup
How big is this?

Have you read the linked doc?
I have read the doc. I'm trying to follow it, but this is all new to me. I really appreciate the help.

Okay. Some progress. I imported the backup and got this
Import has been successfully finished, 10235 queries executed. (backup__20240128_223340_XaEYJhdyTJ3cQJoE.sql.gz)

Of course now going to my home page gives me a 500 error.
Have you uploaded your files (not including the directory called 'public_html' .... just all the files and directories within it)?

You also have to make sure that the 'old' config file you had saved contains the correct information to connect with your new database!

I keep thinking to make a video of a re-upload of a forum .... it would be simpler as an explanation.

You don't want 'new' MyBB files with your old database .... you want all the old files you saved.
(2024-02-08, 05:41 PM)lost puppy Wrote: [ -> ]Have you uploaded your files (not including the directory called 'public_html' .... just all the files and directories within it)?

You also have to make sure that the 'old' config file you had saved contains the correct information to connect with your new database!

I keep thinking to make a video of a re-upload of a forum .... it would be simpler as an explanation.

You don't want 'new' MyBB files with your old database .... you want all the old files you saved.

I have uploaded the files into public_html.

I looked in the "old" folder but don't see a config file.

LOL A video would be awesome for just old timers. Smile
Great .... you now need to check that your new database (with the old information in it) can be connected to the files you uploaded?

Go into public_html on your webspace and then into the directory called 'inc' .... in there you will find a file called 'config.php' .... open that and right near the top you will read the database connection information <<<< that MUST correspond completely with the new database (with the old data you imported into it) name, user, password and prefix!
Pages: 1 2 3