MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: AdminCP Login Troubles
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
On a fresh install of myBB 1.8.37, I'm having trouble staying logged into the Admin CP.

While I can log into the forum itself to moderate and post and also log into ACP Dashboard with no trouble, clicking any links on the Dashboard boots me back out to the ACP Login Page.

This also occurs if I try to log into the Admin CP from any directory but "http://127.0.0.1/edsa-Desktop%20Folder/forum/admin/index.php". For example, if I try to skip directly to "http://127.0.0.1/edsa-Desktop%20Folder/forum/admin/index.php?module=config" or any other module, it won't even log in but will instead reload the Admin Login screen without any form of visible error message.

My current best guess is that it's cookie-related, though I can't imagine how. From what I've seen via Search Fu, the three settings that seem most likely to cause this problem in settings.ini are set as follows:

$settings['cookiedomain'] = ".127.0.0.1";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";

In the actual "adminsid" cookie, this translates to:

Domain: 127.0.0.1
Path: /edsa-Desktop Folder/forum/admin

As this is an offline install via EasyPHP DevServer, I can't offer login credentials or link to the install in any meaningful way, but I thought I'd bring it up here in case anyone else has had similar problems.
See if there is anything in /forum/admin/error.log
Wondering if /edsa-Desktop Folder/forum/admin is different than /edsa-Desktop%20Folder/forum/admin

edit to add
On my hosted server, these settings work.
$settings['cookiedomain'] = "";
$settings['cookiepath'] = "/forum/";
$settings['cookieprefix'] = "";
(2024-02-08, 08:08 PM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]Wondering if /edsa-Desktop Folder/forum/admin is different than /edsa-Desktop%20Folder/forum/admin

Looks like that did it. Guess myBB doesn't parse %20 and space as the same character across all contexts. I ditched the parent folder so now it's just /forum/ and adopted your cookie settings, now it works just fine. Thanks for the help!