MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Installing I.E 6 and I.E 7
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I.E is a completely useless web browser, but if 80% of web users are going to be silly enough to use it then web developers are going to have to make sites that work in both I.E 6 and I.E 7.

The problem is, if you have updated to I.E 7, you can't install I.E 6 without the installer telling you to piss off.

Searching the web the other day, I came across this website which includes an installer that will install multiple versions of I.E on your system.

You can install version 3, 4.01, 5.01, 5.5, and 6 of the Internet Explorer browser, and have them all running at the same time (with IE 7 as well).

It's a great way for web developers to make sure your website looks great for people who haven't come out of the stone age yet!
Bril DrP. You wouldn't know how hard iv been trying to get IE3 (just want to see what it's like) , IE6 and IE7 installed on just one computer.

Thanks
Also worth noting that if you are running Linux and want to see what your site looks like in IE, you can use IEs4Linux.
DrPoodle Wrote:I.E is a completely useless web browser, but if 80% of web users are going to be silly enough to use it then web developers are going to habe to make sites that work in both I.E 6 and I.E 7.

The problem is, if you have updated to I.E 7, you can't install I.E 6 without the installer telling you to piss off.

Searching the web the other day, I came across this website which includes an installer that will install multiple versions of I.E on your system.

You can install version 3, 4.01, 5.01, 5.5, and 6 of the Internet Explorer browser, and have them all running at the same time (with IE 7 as well).

It's a great way for web developers to make sure your website looks great for people who haven't come out of the stone age yet!

Excellent, very nice Find.
Jag100 Wrote:Bril DrP. You wouldn't know how hard iv been trying to get IE3 (just want to see what it's like) , IE6 and IE7 installed on just one computer.

Thanks
The funny thing with IE 3 is that it has no CSS support, so all pages look rubbish in it anyway Toungue
DrPoodle Wrote:
Jag100 Wrote:Bril DrP. You wouldn't know how hard iv been trying to get IE3 (just want to see what it's like) , IE6 and IE7 installed on just one computer.

Thanks
The funny thing with IE 3 is that it has no CSS support, so all pages look rubbish in it anyway Toungue

I doubt anyone uses it anymore, probably IE 5 or 6 but not any lower.
Another option is downloading the Internet Explorer (IE6) Application Compatibility VPC Image which allows you to run Windows XP with Internet Explorer 6 in Microsoft Virtual PC 2007.
So you would have to load a virtual machine which would load another OS on top of your standard os. Both of which are windows, which to be frank isn't the best system in the world at handling resources, All so you can test a website in IE? o.0

What a waste.
I agree, installing a few extra programs on your computer is much easier than installing the virtual machine and then loading everything through it.