MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Lots of warning messages, some broken functionality
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
On many pages I am getting PHP warnings at the top. I attached screenshots of what I see, but you can visit this thread (Rocket launches) to see an especially egregious series of warnings before the actual content starts.

I have found that some functionality is impaired, like viewing a private message, and trying to past the landing page of the acp.

Other threads I've seen on the topic talk about plugin incompatibility. I disabled all plugins via the inc/settings.php, but that didn't seem to have an effect. Looking at my inc/plugins folder, I have:
automaticsubscriptions.php
hello.php
index.html
pluginlibrary.php

And the "temp" folder.

But I honestly don't remember what other plugins I may have, if they are located elsewhere in the file manager.

I've done very small template adjustments. Most of the forum customizations overall are CSS styling.

I do have access to the file manager on my server space, so I can do things easily from there.

According to my server cpanel, I'm running PHP 8.2 (ea-php82)

Forum version MyBB 1.8.12

Any ideas? Thank you in advance.
MyBB 1.8.12 is not compatible with PHP 8
Use latest version of MyBB.
(2024-02-19, 02:50 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]MyBB 1.8.12 is not compatible with PHP 8
Use latest version of MyBB.

I had a suspicion...thank you for confirming.

I see the upgrade directions. Anything else I should be aware of?
We are here if you face anything further...
Well, mostly good news. The upgrade to 1.8.37 went fine. Everything works as expected, and the acp is accessible and working fine.

I still get PHP warnings at the top of some pages, particularly thread pages, though not nearly as many. Here's a good example: New Bike

I did disable and remove the values in the Guest Warn plugin in acp > Configuration > Guest Warn Settings, to see if that affected anything (see attached screen), but no luck.

I ran the cache manager in acp > Tools & Maintenance, and also went into phpMyAdmin to check on the tables, and everything seems fine. Anything else I should try?
If the "Guest Warn" plugin is this one https://community.mybb.com/mods.php?action=view&pid=329

then that was last updated in 2014 and most likely will not work correctly with PHP8.

You would be best to uninstall it via the main plugin page in ACP (and you may have to remove the plugin's files as well??)
You don't really need a plugin to warn the guest.
Just put your warning banner code in header_welcomeblock_guest template positioning it fixed with CSS.
I have the latest version, and yet, I have a bunch of warning on a lot of my pages. How can this be fixed.
(2024-02-21, 07:15 PM)EMPBLMMMSD Wrote: [ -> ]I have the latest version, and yet, I have a bunch of warning on a lot of my pages. How can this be fixed.

Well .... I have to guess that you have the latest version of MyBB (so 1.8.37) but I have no idea what PHP version you run, nor do I know what errors you have!

So .... impossible to fix from my end!

But thanks for the detailed information Huh

Have you tried to unplug it and plug it in again?
(2024-02-21, 03:07 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]You don't really need a plugin to warn the guest.
Just put your warning banner code in header_welcomeblock_guest template positioning it fixed with CSS.

We didn't use that warning anyways. I honestly don't even remember installing it. It doesn't even show up on the plugins page in the acp, or in the inc/plugins folder. There was a Guest Warn group under acp > Configuration > Modify Settings that I deleted.

See attached screenshots for all of that. Wondering where else this silly plugin code is hiding...
Pages: 1 2 3