MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: MyCode Permissions on a Per-Code Basis?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am looking for a plugin that disables specific MyCode functions on a per-Usergroup basis for each individual MyCode, preferably including myBB-standard ones so I can minimize tampering with backend files. My endgoal is to have a board that exclusively utilizes surrogate Markdown tags for Users while Admin have access to more complex BBCode functionality including custom codes.

I already searched both the forum and the Extensions section of the myBB site, but the only two plugins I could find had problems. Advanced MyCode Permissions hasn't been updated in over a decade and YourCode, one I used in the distant past to moderate success, drums up errors when I attempt to install or utilize it, and it doesn't seem worth the hassle of fighting with it given Wildcard retired support for the plugin around five years ago.

Does anyone know of a plugin I somehow missed, or would someone be willing to step in to make a plugin to fill this specific void in functionality?
Hi, I'm unsure if you got this fixed, if not, feel free to send me a message.

This kind of features is currently quite complex to get right because of how the parser works. YourCode probably has the lesser issues and could be relatively easy to update and maintain (still).

Regards.