MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unknown error
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
When I click on "Complete List" under "Who's Online", I get the list, but I also receive the error message as attached to this post.

Any ideas as to what can be done or replaced to fix this? It looks like it's something to do with the shoutbox plugin

Regards,
Pete
Disable the DV Shoutbox plugin and see if the error message appears.
OK, I disabled the plugin and removed any added instances of it in my templates (previously added to resolve shoutbox location in the website).

Now, it appears another message appears when you attempt to sign up to my forum as attached.  I get the feeling that this was occuring as well before as I tried to re-enable that plugin and was faced with both the previous Shoutboc error and this Registration error.

Everything seems to work correctly in the forum, it's just these error notifications I would like to resolve.  I have currently left the forum with Shoutbox disabled, but this "members.php" error on initial registration still appears

Any other ideas?
I'm not familiar with that plugin, but the warning is for undefined variable $passboxes in eval'd code. That means the variable is in a template. Use AdminCP / Templates & Style / Templates / SearchReplace to locate $passboxes. It will search all templates and give a list of findings, at which you can dispose of it completely.
which other plugins do you have installed?

$passphrases doesn't belong to DVZ Shoutbox nor to MyBB!
$passboxes is on line 26 of member_register template

In the image the text areas to enter a password do not show??
ouch, boxes, not phrases, concentration low
Don't delete $passboxes from the template since it is a password entry component.
I was too hasty in my evaluation earlier. I assumed it was a plugin component without checking.
Sorry.
(2024-03-07, 11:41 AM)HLFadmin Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not familiar with that plugin, but the warning is for undefined variable $passboxes in eval'd code. That means the variable is in a template. Use AdminCP / Templates & Style / Templates / SearchReplace to locate $passboxes. It will search all templates and give a list of findings, at which you can dispose of it completely.

This worked a treat - thank you very much for your help  Smile
The Shoutbox plugin is now disabled and I have just re-added  $passboxes as suggested in your post, but the problem persists.

Any more ideas anyone?

Thank you
Pages: 1 2