MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Edit by request
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
MyBB,

Can someone create a plugin in which it will allow certain users to check a box (if allowed) to show the Edited by line? Similar to that of IPB?

Regards, Ginji.
Allow certain users ? That are in the same usergroup ? =P
My Plugin i have now, adds a new option into the "Post Options" when you Full Edit a post, when its unchecked and you edit the post ... the Edit By line will be hidden for all members except the admins.
MyBB,
What I'm requesting is something like IPB: In the ACP, you can toggle the option for a group to "Allow user to remove 'Edited by' legend?". So if they (The certain group that's allowed to) don't want the Edited by line to show, they can Full Edit and uncheck "Show edited by" box and it won't show (Even to Admins/Moderators). But if they do want it to show, they can check the "Show edited by" box and it'll show.

Regards, Ginji.
Instead of toggle, you need to enter the GID of groups into a setting which can decide if they want to show the Edit By line or not.
MyBB,

So are you able to create/release the plugin? Or someone else? As I've no knowledge of PHP/little knowledge of SQL. So combining them both together isn't feasible in my case.

Regards, Ginji.
Ginji Wrote:MyBB,

So are you able to create/release the plugin? Or someone else? As I've no knowledge of PHP/little knowledge of SQL. So combining them both together isn't feasible in my case.

Regards, Ginji.

It's already created =P Just wanted to know what you meant by "that users are allowed" =P

Upload into your ./inc/plugins/ folder and Activate.
Settings are located in the "Posting" settingsgroup.