MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Transferring themes/templates to 'new' installation
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello!

To explain my situation, I am transferring from SMF to MyBB. I have been using a subdomain to test the transfer and everything looks to be okay! I am very happy with the result. That said, I need to implement this into a live installation with the newer posts made on the SMF website. So, I would need to do a transfer from SMF to MyBB there... but I have one question.

How do I transfer themes/templates to the 'new' installation? I have plugins integrated into the theme/templates also, so the styling/code has been changed. I assume I would need to install those plugins first before doing so also (correct me if I'm wrong).

Thank you in advance,
Star
If I understand you correctly, you only export theme in test mybb and install in new install and for transferring all changes in export option for set NO for " Include customized items only? " Option

Like this :

[attachment=46773]
Ah, that seems very do-able, yes! I can try that.

As for plugins, first or after the theme?
(2024-03-17, 08:48 PM)StarredSkies Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, that seems very do-able, yes! I can try that.

As for plugins, first or after the theme?

(2024-03-17, 04:01 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Themes.

Why? Because many plugins modify templates on activation. If you install the plugins before the themes, the plugins won't have had a chance to modify templates, and you'll have to deactivate then reactivate them all after installing your themes.

That applies to starting from scratch. When restoring from a backup, it doesn't matter because there's no need to install anything, just copy across files (including plugin files) and restore the database.
Awesome! Thank you guys so much. Smile