MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Send Quoted Posts/MultiQuote Posts to Quick Reply..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
How, do I set it up so that when a post or multiple posts are quoted in a thread, that the quotes will show up in the Quick Reply window below like they do here?

Also, would it be possible to get an auto-save drafts feature to work with it at well?

I have the Autosave plugin installed, but it doesn't seem to work with either editor.. it would be nice if MyBB had this feature built-in..

As always, thanks in advance for the help. I really appreciate it.
Quote queue is native and always there. Unless you messed up with templates or js.
What issue excatly you are facing and with which theme?
(2024-03-15, 04:07 AM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]Quote queue is native and always there. Unless you messed up with templates or js.
What issue excatly you are facing and with which theme?

Thanks for the reply, I am working on a custom theme, but when I quote a single post or select multiples and click the option to quote all, it takes me to the full reply window and pastes the quoted posts there.

But here, when I do so, it posts the quoted texts in the quick reply window.

It does the same with the default theme as well as the custom one I'm working on, and unless I am trying to put an item in a specific location, or trying to go for a certain effect, I try not to mess with the templates like that.
Check the 'postbit_multiquote' template of your theme. The button must contain:
onclick="Thread.multiQuote({$post['pid']}); return false;".

Taking to full reply is the behavior of non-js fallback.
That means you have disabled or having some issues with js.

Look for any notification / js related error in console as well.
If you're editing an existing custom theme, check they haven't confused {$post['button_quote']} and {$post['button_multiquote']} from template postbit and postbit_classic. Frequently theme authors will accidentally confuse those buttons and get them mixed up.

{$post['button_multiquote']} is the one you want to select to quote posts in Quick Reply.

{$post['button_quote']} will quote the post but will launch full reply.