MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to connect to the mail server. Reason: 110: Connection
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just recently set up my SMTP server, and the forums aren't able to connect to the SMTP server. The specific error I get is " Unable to connect to the mail server with the given details. Reason: 110: Connection timed out" I can send email from my SMTP server, which does go to spam for some providers. I ran an NMAP scan on my server, and port 25, 465, and 587 are open on my SMTP server. I have tried using all these three ports. 

The site details have the admin details set as [email protected] (obviously they're not that exact URL I'm just hiding my true email). The host name is set to the same as my SMTP server at [email protected]. The username login is [email protected]. The password is correct. Encryption is set to SSL when using the secured ports and turned off when using port 25.

I also have an IMAP and POP3 server on the same URL, but that shouldn't matter as I'm using the right ports, right?
The only other thing I think it could be potentially is that my forums server does not have any SMTP ports open as I've not contacted my provider to open them, but would that matter?
It could be an issue with remote SMTP if it's timing out. Are you running the latest version of MyBB?