MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: I went against the "rules" and reinstalled, now I have tripple menus in settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hellooo

So, I had massive issues to get the board going in the first place, I thought I managed to uninstall and restart, but apparently I didnt... -_- (I'm a n00b at this so.. yeah.. please don't shoot me).

The -only- issue I seem to have with this "don't ever reinstall your forum" which I clearly didn't listen to, is that I have tripple menues in the settings area for some reason, but only there? I clearly missed to remove something but I can't really say what... This is something I -could- live with, but I'd be happy -if- it's possible to remove the trippleness of menus easily? 

It's just a "minor issue" really, but is it possible to somehow make it only to one instead of three of the same in the list? (and is it hard to do?  Angel ).

I have -not- installed any backups, just reinstalled the forum and started from scratch once I finally got it working :3

https://www.ladaena.com/dimmornasstad/rpg/forum

[Image: tripple_settinggroups.gif]
You can go to Admin CP > Configuration > Settings and you’ll see a tab that says ‘Modify Settings’.

You can carefully remove the duplicate settings. Only delete duplicates with the same sort ID as its parent.
Aha! Thank you!

How do I remove the tripple ones? Do I put 0 in there or nothing at all? I have no delete option from where I can find? :3
I haven't personally had to do it before so I'm not entirely certain - try putting a zero to hide it from the order. I think leaving it blank will automatically assign an order for it.

Let me know how you go.
They just ended up on the top when I put a 0 in them instead of the place in the list the number tells it to be  Undecided
Next step would be logging into your database (through your hosting panel) and manually removing them from the mybb_settinggroups table.
i think the better way is to go over PhpMyAdmin to your database

make a backup

take a look at the tables:
mybb_settings
mybb_settinggroups

the prefix may be different, if you changed it on installation

look where the duplicates begin and delete them

and after that you please read this and you do it never again Wink
https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html
(2024-03-17, 07:50 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]and after that you please read this and you do it never again Wink

And this ^
you were faster Wink
(2024-03-17, 07:49 PM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Next step would be logging into your database (through your hosting panel) and manually removing them from the mybb_settinggroups table.

Thank you! It worked! And I was very  careful, I actually had the admin pc up with the modify settings, then searched for each label to find them one at a time and only remove two out of three! Thank you! You saved me once again!

bv64 
Quote:i think the better way is to go over PhpMyAdmin to your database

make a backup

take a look at the tables:
mybb_settings
mybb_settinggroups

the prefix may be different, if you changed it on installation

look where the duplicates begin and delete them

and after that you please read this and you do it never again [Image: wink.gif]
https://community.mybb.com/thread-237253.html

I hear ya bv64 lol! My frustration got the best of me I'm afraid  Angel

BUT! Thanks to this and thanks to you guys and my host support I learned new things in all this mess, so thank you both!!  Big Grin 

And eeh... yes, I definitely has marked this as a "never-again" thing lol It's not worth the extra frustration of not getting it when it comes to a bigger issue than just registering a database and slap a forum on it lol! Blush This n00b has learned that lesson the hard way! Buut... from the sound of you guys (and the no-not-ever link provided which I read -after- I re-did it all...) it sounds like I'm FAR from the first one messing these things up and making a tiny pebble problem to a mountain problem  Confused

Also I've tried phpbb forums before and they are WORSE! and the support is seriously confusing and you don't get anything there... MyBB, this rocks! I actually get some of it the more I look at it and by the sound of "only" you two, the support here is splendid! MyBB is in my world now and it's staying!  Heart

I'll.... just go into a dark corner with my 'puter now and hide in my own embarrassment while secretly being happy for learning new stuff about sitemanagement, databases and a lot more!  Angel
  bv64bw64bv64 
bv64 
Pages: 1 2