MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Unable to log out from fresh install of version 1.2.9
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Your user ID could not be verified to log you out. This may have been because a malicious Javascript was attempting to log you out automatically. If you intended to logout, please click the Logout button at the top menu.

Having encountered the problem above, and having read over more than one thread here at the support forums, I was not upgrading to 1.2.8, but rather, did a fresh install of 1.2.9 on a new website with a new database for someone else, and still encountered the problem.

I don't have Coppermine installed, nor Flashchat, as some people who have had the problem have had. I have tried reverting templates suggested, even though they had not been changed. Normally, I don't log out, and merely caught the error by chance. From what I gather in reading the forums here, the problem is more of an annoyance than anything else.

The wording of the error message, however, might spook some site users.

On a side note, I initially installed MyBB and tried it out months ago, but until today, I have never been able to get the activation message sent to my e-mail box, and have been in posting limbo. After trying to resend the activation message numerous times over the last few months, I had pretty much given up on ever being able to post here. I'm glad that I tried it again today, though.

Overall, I like MyBB a lot, and until this recent malicious Javascript message, the software has been pretty much error free for me.
Are you using the default MyBB skin and does your logout link contain "&sid=" in it?
MrDoom Wrote:Are you using the default MyBB skin?

Yes.

MrDoom Wrote:and does your logout link contain "&sid=" in it?

Yes.

The problem has been intermittent. Also, at times, I am logged in on the portal.php page, but simultaneously logged out on the index.php page.

Changes that I had made before I tried logging out and discovered the malicious Javascript error were to put some blocks on the right hand side of the portal.php page, and I also followed the advice in the following link to have the last poll display on the portal.php page:

http://community.mybboard.net/showthread.php?tid=23284

When I get a chance, I will create another new database, and do another fresh install of version 1.2.9 of the MyBB software, and then see if the error existed before I made those changes, and then try to track down at what point it appears, if it only appears after I make those changes.

All in all, I like the MyBB software a lot, and have recommended it on several occasions to others. If it's a matter of changing the default theme, I could do that, although I had hoped to just edit the default theme to change the color scheme, as the existing layout works for me well enough.

But, I am open to suggestions.

I may not have even created a new thread here, at all, but I wanted to make sure that the MyBB powers that be were aware that the issue was not isolated to the 1.2.8 version, nor to using an upgrade script.
That happens to be occasionally. Go back to the index page, refresh it and then click logout again and it should work.
It's because your IP Address rotates to a new IP; And because of the way the code works it has to renew the session which in turn causes it to renew the sid link. In MyBB 1.2.10 we've fixed that to use a more static method of authentication.
The logout problem seems to have returned, out of the blue.

Also, and I don't know if it is related, or not, but the log in on the welcome bar won't work, but the log in on the welcome box does.