MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Weird problem after moving to another server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello everyone,  just moved to another server, all works well, except when im trying to create category or forum - it doesnt matter.

I'm getting this error.

MyBB has experienced an internal SQL error and cannot continue.
If you're a visitor of this website, please wait a few minutes and try again. If this problem persists, please contact the site owner.
If you are the site owner, please check the MyBB Documentation for help resolving common issues, or get technical help on the MyBB Community Forums.

Cannot see any error in apache2 logs or mysql.

Any ideas? 

this is mysql error , you can enable error logging and check log file for error.
Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options

Set 'Use Error Handling' to 'Yes' and tell us the error message.
(2024-03-18, 10:41 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Admin CP > Configuration > Settings > Server and Optimization Options

Set 'Use Error Handling' to 'Yes' and tell us the error message.

It's on by default, but where is the location of the log error?

Use Error Handling
If you do not wish to use the integrated error handling for MyBB, you may turn this option off. However, it is recommended that it stay on.
On
With that setting on, try to create another new category to reproduce the error. It should give you more detail.

Otherwise, set 'Error Logging Medium' to 'log errors' and 'Error Logging Location' to something that can't be accessed on the net like error.log. Then log into your hosting panel, create error.log (or whatever you choose) and paste results here.
(2024-03-18, 11:07 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]With that setting on, try to create another new category to reproduce the error. It should give you more detail.

Otherwise, set 'Error Logging Medium' to 'log errors' and 'Error Logging Location' to something that can't be accessed on the net like error.log. Then log into your hosting panel, create error.log (or whatever you choose) and paste results here.

I dont really dont have idea what this mean

SQL Error:
1364 - Field 'myforumicons_icon' doesn't have a default value
Query:
INSERT INTO mybb_forums (`name`,`description`,`linkto`,`type`,`pid`,`parentlist`,`disporder`,`active`,`open`,`allowhtml`,`allowmycode`,`allowsmilies`,`allowimgcode`,`allowvideocode`,`allowpicons`,`allowtratings`,`usepostcounts`,`usethreadcounts`,`requireprefix`,`password`,`showinjump`,`style`,`overridestyle`,`rulestype`,`rulestitle`,`rules`,`defaultdatecut`,`defaultsortby`,`defaultsortorder`)
Disable the 'My Forums Icon' plugin and try to create a new category again.

Are you using the latest version of that plugin and MyBB?
It means you have a plugin to add icons to your forum and it's not compatible with your MyBB version.
You can correct the plugin or alter the myforumicons_icon to add it a default value:
ALTER TABLE mybb_forums ALTER myforumicons_icon SET DEFAULT ''

Plugin correction
Edit inc/plugins.myforumicons.php and change line 40:
$db->add_column('forums', 'myforumicons_icon', "TEXT NOT NULL DEFAULT ''");
(2024-03-18, 11:23 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Disable the 'My Forums Icon' plugin and try to create a new category again.

Thank you!!!!!! Fixed now, when i disabled and uninstall my forum icons.

Thank's to all for the comments and helps

Edit; i dont even remember why im using that plugin, but its seems i dont need it
(2024-03-18, 11:29 AM)user2023 Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-03-18, 11:23 AM)MattyWjeisz Wrote: [ -> ]Disable the 'My Forums Icon' plugin and try to create a new category again.

Thank you!!!!!! Fixed now, when i disabled and uninstall my forum icons.

Thank's to all for the comments and helps

As CrazyCat suggested, you can add a default value to it by running the above query - or alternatively, replace the plugin with simple CSS as this tutorial shows:

https://community.mybb.com/thread-212919.html