MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Fixed background / opacity on two different bgs/ subforums aligned left
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Helloo!

Since I'm a bit of a n00b with this MyBB thing, I don't dare to mess up (again lol) so, I'm using the Revolution theme on my board. I changed the background but I'd also like to have it fixed so it doesn't follow when you scroll :3 

I also wonder if it's possible to make the black backgrounds have different opacities? A bit see through but still not that much, I'd like to see the background image viewable through both boxes, but in different procentige, is this possible to do?  If it is, how do I do it and where? Shy

Also, the childforums (subforums) seem to be aligned justify, I'd like them to be aligned left and possibly on one row or two? See thumbnails to understand what I mean  Smile

https://www.ladaena.com/dimmornasstad/rpg/forum
a little bit to read and learn may help you more than giving you the direct solution

https://www.w3schools.com/css/css_background.asp
Than you! Smile I know that part kind of okay already, but I'm not sure where in the css codes I can find the right place to edit for it? :3
I also noticed that since I changed background some of the footer codes (the ones that need to be there) kind of disappeared into the background color, so I need to find those codes too so I can fix it and make them show better :3

I have several css files to choose from to find the right place to edit, that's where I get confused Smile

I forgot the image lol
Jag är ledsen Wink

I always start with the basics

take a look at the global.css of your style

By the way, I didn't understand your second problem and what you want to change
haha! Sneaky Wink Ingen fara!

Basics are good! I'm rusty at coding, homepages here and there yes, forums and databases? Not so much heh... >_<

Thank you!

also, the second problem I have in the footer.

I mean the footer part in text about the theme and MyBB which is:

Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016
Generated in 23 ms (30.51% PHP / 69.49% MySQL (PDO))
SQL Queries: 15 / Server Load: 175.91 / Memory Usage: 4 MB
[Advanced Details]

It doesn't show up as good since I changed the background color there :3 the "Forum software by © MyBB Theme © iAndrew 2016" has disappeared into the background since the color is almost the same :3

aand I just tried something as simple as only changing the font color of a background in global.css (advanced mode) the same thing happens over and over... I change it, I hit save and I get this in my face and it doesn't save :\ I didn't even touch any other coding, ONLY one #cccccc to "ffffff and I get the following:

Internal Server Error

The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

What's up with that?  Huh
Quote:More information about this error may be available in the server error log.
and there you should take a look, without the error message it is crystal ball magic

do you know the browser tools? F12 is the friend of any admin
you can find which classes etc. are used in the section you have a problem with CSS

I made a screenshot, first arrow shows the button to activate the function to check
Second arrow marks the section you want to check

very helpful, you can change CSS there to try what happens too
Ooooh I knew about F12 but not how to activate that thing! Cool! Big Grin Where do I find the server error log? I've been looking through every menu now I think, but I think I've looked past it now lol The only thing I find that doesn't seem to work properly is a profile avatar users are supposed to be able to add themselves? It's a plugin :\ I don't understand what it's telling me though? "
Profile Picture Upload Path
This is the path where profile pictures will be uploaded to. This directory must be chmod 777 (writable) for uploads to work."

What is a chmod 777 and how do I fix it and where? O.o
Profile Picture Upload Path is the path where you would like the avatars to be uploaded to:

http://www.yoursite.com/images/avatars

Once created, select the folder permissions link in your hosting panel and make sure the numbers read 777.

So if you log into your server and create a folder called 'avatars' (or whatever name you choose), then you can put the folder in your upload path in Admin CP settings for that plugin.
ooh thank you Matty! I finally got that to work! Big Grin I had the folder right I just didn't get the 777 thing, now it's set as "writable" on the board! Big Grin

Now... since you're clearly my new coding-guru here lol, as soon as I want to get into advanced mode and change things there (the simple mode irritates me and I find the stuff I want to change in advanced mode easily), I get my face full of:

Internal Server Error
The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
Please contact the server administrator at [email protected] to inform them of the time this error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

How do I fix that and where?? O.o If I fix that, I can fix most of the things I need to fix to be happy with the board :3 Simple mode is just frustrating and I can't really find my way to where I want to poke even with the F12 tip from bv62... :\
You’re trying to edit a .css file in ‘Advanced Mode’ and you’re receiving the internal error - is that correct?
Pages: 1 2 3