MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Is it possible to show today's views on thread lists
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any plugins there to show today's views on threads on thread list ?
Without core edit files, I don't believe a daily round-up of views-per-thread is currently possible. I'm sure someone with the right level of experience will be able to make a small plugin for it though.

I could be wrong though. I'll do some digging around and see what I can find.
(2024-03-25, 06:14 PM)PARADOX987 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any plugins there to show today's views on threads on thread list ?

what Idea do you have for this plugin? count like mybb Algorithm ? or you have some custom Algorithm ?
(2024-03-25, 06:14 PM)PARADOX987 Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any plugins there to show today's views on threads on thread list ?

This is hard to track as the view counts are continuously gets overridden in database.
You need a custom plugin to track and record every hit with time stamp, but that will be too much server load to serve a very little purpose.
(2024-03-26, 07:12 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]

This is hard to track as the view counts are continuously gets overridden in database.
You need a custom plugin to track and record every hit with time stamp, but that will be too much server load to serve a very little purpose.

Yes, this is a method that save a record per hit for thread other way you can add a column for daily views and a column for last hit date and with this way you keep daily hit in daily views column and and check if day changed (with last hit date ) you can reset column value and count again for new day.
End of day time is different for users as per their own timezone.
Considering server time eod will be wrong from user's perspective.

Barely atleast 48 hours record to be captured with timestamp and decide day span as per user time while displaying.
(2024-03-27, 02:20 PM)effone Wrote: [ -> ]End of day time is different for users as per their own timezone.
Considering server time eod will be wrong from user's perspective.

Barely atleast 48 hours record to be captured with timestamp and decide day span as per user time while displaying.

of course this is a issue , but this is only a simple idea.
first idea with new table to record with timestamp is very better , But I think it is reasonable only for forums with high interest and topics in which the visit plays an essential role , Because there will be a noticeable increase in the size of the database