MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Read only board
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi there,

When you close a board, it is closed. Nothing in it appears to users unless they are administrators.
Peharps could it be usefull to have a readonly mode to temporarily deactivate the hability for anyone to post new content but allow them to read.

Edit : replaced "forum" with "board"
I probably misunderstood you, but in my opinion this can be set via the forum group rights
(2024-04-04, 11:56 AM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]I probably misunderstood you, but in my opinion this can be set via the forum group rights

The purpose is to don't have to go on all the groups and change their rights, and particularly to have the hability to reverse that simply without remind who was allowed to post or not.
And the functionnality will be global ("forum" means board)
ok, we agree, it's doable, but it requires effort that you want to do with one click Wink
(2024-04-04, 12:20 PM)bv64 Wrote: [ -> ]ok, we agree, it's doable, but it requires effort that you want to do with one click Wink

I can accept 2 clicks Big Grin

But yes, that's the idea, probably something working as "disable all plugins" which remembers which plugins were enabled or not

I think it could be possible to create a plugin to do that (I'll probably do) but it could be interesting to have this functionnality native
Interesting?

You could disable the "Quick Reply" and then add

<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="0; url='https://www.YouSiteForum.com'" />

directly under the opening head tag within all 3 of the editor templates (newThread, newReply and editPost) which would stop any access, by anyone, to the editors?

But would leave the "Quick Edit" option of a old post still accessible!
A combination of OUGC Landing Page (for blocking) and OUGC Announcement Bars (for communication) could handle this.

But as for an in-core implementation, I won't be sure I would vote for it.