MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Image Auto-Resizer ERROR!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone,
After running the Image Auto-Resizer plugin, all uploaded images are lost!
[Image: 2024-04-06-5-51-32.jpg]
You seem to be using an image hosting service. How have you configured that? The Image Auto-Resizer plugin doesn't remove images, so presumably this error is due to some bad interaction with your image hosting service. Tell us more about that.
(2024-04-06, 06:35 AM)Laird Wrote: [ -> ]Tell us more about that.

I followed the plugin instructions, first I installed it, then I headed to the ACP >> Tools & Maintenance >> Recount & Rebuild >> Resize Uploaded Images, then all the images I uploaded using Post Image service (https://postimages.org/) were removed as shown in above screen shot.
I have version 1.1.0, which is I believe - the latest.  As @Laird mentions, this plugin is about image attachments, so wouldn't expect any correlation with postimages.  Or any other hosting service.  Unless you're doing something in that regard yourself.
(2024-04-06, 05:30 PM)nixer55 Wrote: [ -> ]so wouldn't expect any correlation with pastimages.  Or any other hosting service.  Unless you're doing something in that regard yourself.

I'm not referring to pictures I've attached because I don't have any. I mean images hosted on other websites, which about 80% of forums use. If you doubt it, try it out yourself!
(2024-04-06, 05:57 PM)rozbud Wrote: [ -> ]I'm not referring to pictures I've attached because I don't have any. I mean images hosted on other websites, which about 80% of forums use. If you doubt it, try it out yourself!

I don't have any postimages.org images on our board.  Not a one in 356,302 posts.  I checked the database on our test system.  Also ran auto-resizer's Resize Uploaded Images in Recount & Rebuild with no detectable errors.  Although I've done so before - with an earlier version, with no ill effects.  All bbcode images shares seemed fine to me.  

Would never use that plug-in anyway to deal with 3rd party hosted images.  But didn't hurt either.

Edit: Seems postimages.org having some issues:

[attachment=46841]
Well, seing the code of the plugin, the resize uploaded images works only with attachment table and not with [ img ] tags.
Can you provide the url of a post on your forum where the trouble occures ?
(2024-04-06, 09:59 PM)Crazycat Wrote: [ -> ]Can you provide the url of a post on your forum where the trouble occurs?

Hello,
Today, I tested the plugin on a new MYBB installation and observed that:
1- It operates correctly with internal attachments.
2- It does not interfere with images uploaded from third-party sources like postimages.org (its ok).

I acknowledge that this second observation contradicts my initial post, yet both events did occur.
Here is the link to my test blog: bintools.net
Regards.
(2024-04-09, 11:26 PM)rozbud Wrote: [ -> ]1- It operates correctly with internal attachments.
The plugin was developed for this

(2024-04-09, 11:26 PM)rozbud Wrote: [ -> ]2- It does not interfere with images uploaded from third-party sources like postimages.org.
The plugin was not developed for this
Agreed!