MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: Additional signup usergroups
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am trying to get the page to add an additional user group to people who sign up.
Can somebody tell me how to do that?
I don't understand what you want to do.
(2024-04-08, 09:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what you want to do.

You know how people get the "Member" role when they sign up? I am trying to make it so a second role is given automatically after signup.
Unfortunately, I don't understand the meaning behind it either
During registration, users move into the “registered” group; you would also like to assign another group, let’s call it “special”, directly.
But if all users are in special anyway, what's the difference to registered? All permissions can be made with registered-group

you could try changing member.php, look from line 145ff
(2024-04-08, 11:06 PM)Statno Wrote: [ -> ]
(2024-04-08, 09:40 PM)Hazel Wrote: [ -> ]I don't understand what you want to do.

You know how people get the "Member" role when they sign up? I am trying to make it so a second role is given automatically after signup.

You can change the name of the Registered group and change the permission

And creat another group with the name of registered group .

Then assign promotion settings that after achieving some reputation or posting some posts they will promote to the registered group.