MyBB Community Forums

Full Version: "Google" on my forum?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was looking at my forum then I saw that "Google" was browsing the forum, no account, just says google.
Anybody know what it means?

Also I am getting a lot of guests using a cloud server for their ISP. Does this mean anything?
So far I had 3 in one day.
google would be google is crawling your website. This will potentially help make it show up on google searches
MyBB recognizes some search engine bots and then gives them their name directly; You can view the list in the ACP under Configuration --> Spider / Bots
You will have to get used to the fact that not only your users visit the forum, some guests are welcome, for example Google if you want to get into the search engines
(2024-04-10, 12:42 AM)Statno Wrote: [ -> ]I was looking at my forum then I saw that "Google" was browsing the forum, no account, just says google.
Anybody know what it means?

Also I am getting a lot of guests using a cloud server for their ISP. Does this mean anything?
So far I had 3 in one day.

i think iy indicates that the content of your forum is being indexed for search results by Google's web crawler. If visitors arrive at your forum via a cloud server, it can be a sign that regular people or bots are anonymously visiting your website.